Bandstand concerts are back for a glorious summer of entertainment!
- FREE ENTRY
- Date: Most Sundays throughout June, July and August
- Time: 2pm – 4pm
- Fully catered with a licensed bar available
- Fully accessible toilet facilities
- The top tier of the amphitheatre is wheelchair accessible
- Please use public transport, bicycles, or come on foot. There is very limited local car parking and charges may apply.
- Well behaved dogs on a lead are welcome on the lawns, but not inside the bandstand auditorium.
The popular season of free summer concerts is back for 2021 (COVID permitting) and this year we are bringing more performances across a wider variety of genres to The Oval Bandstand & Lawns.
The revived annual tradition sees the historic bandstand brought to life with music and entertainment for all tastes, providing the perfect backdrop to a summer afternoon.
Councillor Helen Whitehead, Deputy Leader of Thanet District Council and Portfolio Holder for Housing and Safer Communities, said,
“The Oval is an amazing asset for Cliftonville and events such as this are exactly what it is designed for. The bandstand concert season will enable people to enjoy a summer afternoon of live music and entertainment while relaxing with friends & family at The Oval Bandstand & Lawns.
This year the programme will run throughout the summer season as part of GRASS’s commitment to providing local groups with opportunities to perform at this iconic venue.
With the support of Thanet Councillors, and local community groups, GRASS will secure a great line-up with a variety of top local acts and well-known talent, and I commend their efforts in bringing our community together and providing free entertainment for our area.”
All performances are free-of-charge and take place most Sunday’s during June, July and August, between 12pm and 4pm (subject to weather conditions). Please check our online programme of events for up-to-date details.