Here you can keep up-to-date about all the fantastic regeneration projects that are currently underway, or in the planning stages, at The Oval Bandstand & Lawns.
- Replanting & mulching of the Eastern Esplanade flowerbeds
- A new 120m2 wildflower meadow
- 18 new hanging baskets on lampposts
- Festoon lighting and bunting to lampposts
- CCTV to deter antisocial behaviour in the bandstand auditorium
- Deep clean of bandstand auditorium
- Repaint auditorium walls and steps
- Install 2no. new flowerbeds at auditorium steps
- Repaint and refurbish bandstand structure
- Repair damaged bandstand steps
- Reinstate replica stone urns to plinths in bandstand auditorium
- Install 3no. new doo poo bins on lawns
- Install 2no. recycling stations in bandstand auditorium
- Refurbish kiosk
- Install 4no. new cycle stands near kiosk
- Installation of new security lighting
- Installation of wi-fi
The following is an outline budget for all projects at The Oval that are to be funded by the successful Crowdfunder campaign. These are headline descriptions of various project expenditures, including costs already incurred and future financial outlay:
Additional Crowdfunder project expenditure information will be posted here in the coming weeks/months.
If you would like to volunteer to help with the regeneration works, please contact us HERE. This could be anything from light gardening & litter picking, to assisting with the building works (depending on your experience). Thank you!
The following slides are our proposals for the site, which are being developed continuously as part of our engagement process with consultants & residents, so please do check back here regularly for project updates.