A season of outdoor theatre-in-the-round at The Oval Bandstand
- Pre-booked ticket required for entry
- Deck chairs available for hire
- Please see each event for age suitability
- Fully catered with a licensed bar
- Fully accessible toilet facilities
- The top tier of the amphitheatre is wheelchair accessible
- Please use public transport, bicycles, or come on foot, as there is very limited local car parking and charges may apply
- No dogs (except guide dogs)
The Oval Bandstand is a living theatre in every sense. Its dramatic setting, and the remarkable people who form part of its history, are equally inspiring.
The Oval has a theatre-in-the-round layout and is perched on the spectacular chalk cliffs of South-East Kent. We welcome thousands of people each year to enjoy the stunning sea views and experience the magic of live performance in this vibrant open-air space.
This year we will endeavour to stage live performances at the Oval Outdoor Theatre, including plays, musicals, opera, music and children’s events. Why not visit to experience a show at the theatre under the stars and become a part of The Oval Bandstand’s extraordinary story?Simon Bel, Chairperson at GRASS Cliftonville
As part of our 2021 summer season we have pencilled in the following dates for theatre shows at The Oval Bandstand:
- Sunday 4th July
- Sunday 1st August
- Sunday 5th September
If you would like to perform at one of our COVID safe outdoor theatre events please complete the enquiry form HERE.