From 1st September 2021 all Fitness & Wellness Operator’s will require a license from GRASS Cliftonville CIC to use The Oval Bandstand & Lawns. All Operators must comply with the latest Government guidance and pass a Covid-19 risk assessment, so applications may take a little longer than usual.
The Oval Bandstand & Lawns are used by people of all ages, and of different fitness levels, as part of a healthy lifestyle. Being a licensed Fitness & Wellness Operator gives you the exciting opportunity of undertaking your activities in a truly unique coastal environment.
If you wish to use The Oval Bandstand & Lawns for personal training, or to run group fitness & wellness sessions, you must be licensed. We licence operators to ensure that:
- The Oval Bandstand & Lawns are protected
- Access to and use of public open space is preserved for all visitors
- All our visitors can benefit from, enjoy, and engage in fitness & wellness pursuits in a variety of outdoor environments
- Fitness & Wellness Operators hold appropriate qualifications (based on industry best practice), and are fully insured and hold liability for participants safety.
Fitness & Wellness Code of Conduct
The purpose of the Code of Conduct is:
- To avoid conflict between those undertaking licensed fitness & wellness activities and other users.
- To protect The Oval Bandstand & Lawns.
- To ensure access to, and use of public open space, is preserved for all visitors.
- To provide the opportunity for visitors to benefit from, enjoy and engage in fitness training & wellness pursuits in a variety of outdoor environments.
- To work alongside a licence agreement to ensure that Fitness & Wellness Operators are complying with current health and safety regulation and best industry practice for the safety and enjoyment of all participants.
- To ensure that all licensed operators are fully insured and hold liability for participants safety, The owner of The Oval Bandstand & Lawns accept no liability for any activity related to outdoor fitness training as part of the licence.
The licensee shall not have exclusive rights over any area of The Oval Bandstand & Lawns and shall ensure that right of way is given to members of the general public visiting the Owner’s premises.
No large items of keep fit equipment shall be used on The Oval Bandstand & Lawns other than hand held equipment e.g. jogging weights, kettle bells and resistance bands.
The licensee shall leave The Oval Bandstand & Lawns in a clean and tidy condition and be liable for any loss of or damage to any Owner’s property through their direct improper use.
The licensee shall abide by the The Oval Bandstand & Lawns regulations.
The licensee shall ensure that The Oval Bandstand & lawns property is not used for the purpose of fitness training i.e. benches, tables, railings, lamp posts, etc. To keep all pathways clear and accessible to all users.
The licensee shall not display, produce or distribute any sign or advertisement. The restriction of advertising applies to all boards, hoardings, flags, posters, etc. displaying any organisation or company or brand name of any goods, including those of the Fitness & Wellness Operator.
The licensee must ensure that no particular area of The Oval Bandstand & Lawns is overused to the extent that it causes unreasonable wear and tear to the fabric of the site e.g. waterlogged, obviously worn and muddy areas. A map depicting the formal garden areas of the park and other unsuitable locations for training is available and the licensee must avoid training in these areas.
‘No Go’ Zones
You are not permitted to use:
- Areas within The Oval Bandstand & Lawns where fitness & wellness activities have a negative impact on other users, residents and licensee’s; e.g. intrusive noise, aggressive language, etc.
- Areas of high pedestrian activity such as pathways and monuments.
- Areas clearly marked as sports fields, any formal garden areas and other sensitive locations such as; waterside areas, picnic areas, deck chair areas, long grass, meadow land, conservation areas, etc.
- Areas closed for renovation or upgrading.
- Any structures, including trees and furniture, must not be used for training purposes.
‘No Go’ Activities
The following activities are not to be conducted by licensees:
- Amplified music or audio equipment (except in the bandstand with prior written agreement from GRASS), whistles and loud shouting or other intrusive noise-generating activities.
- Aggressive, intimidating or unreasonably noisy training activities that interferes with the comfort of other visitors.
- Use of objects that mark out an area to imply exclusive use.
As a licence holder you agree to abide by these guidelines at all times. Non compliance to the above Code of Conduct and The Oval regulations means you are at risk of losing your licence and being asked to leave The Oval Bandstand & Lawns with immediate effect.
Fees for Operator Licenses
Group Fitness & Wellness Operator Licence – Monthly Rate
The following table outlines the fees for a monthly group Fitness & Wellness Operator licence at The Oval Bandstand & Lawns:
|Group Size||Up to 2 sessions per week (104 per year)||Up to 4 sessions per week (208 per year)||Up to 6 sessions per week (312 per year)|
Personal Fitness & Wellness Operator Licence – Monthly Rate
The following table outlines monthly fees for a personal Fitness & Wellness Operator licence at The Oval Bandstand & Lawns:
|Group size||Up to 2 sessions per week (104 per year)||Up to 4 sessions per week (208 per year)||Up to 6 sessions per week (312 per year)|
|2 or fewer clients|
Apply for an Operator’s License
Please complete the following form to apply for a license: